fmSpark ships with the following print setups pre-specified:
- US Letter Portrait
- US Letter Landscape
- US Executive Portrait
- US Executive Landscape
- A4 Portrait
- A4 Landscape
These are specified in the
sys - print setup ( PrintSetup | noDialog ) script.
Adding a new print setup
Eventually, you may need to add a layout that uses a print setup that doesn't already exist (see Admin/Layouts for more information on adding a layout). For example, you may need to add a layout for a DYMO single-label printer. Follow these steps to make the new print setup. Once you have it, it can be used by a new layout.
- Install any printer drivers, etc., that are required to physically print to the page size in question.
- Open fmSpark with administrative access and open Script Maker. You will need to modify the "sys - print setup ( PrintSetup | noDialog )" script.
- Open "sys - print setup ( PrintSetup | noDialog )" and duplicate a section of the
If [ $printSetup ] logic. Give your $printSetup a unique name.
- Open the Print Setup script steps (one with dialog and one without dialog), specify your particular print setup and click OK. Note: if you are using fmSpark in a cross-platform environment, you will need to restore the print setup on both platforms for this to be reliable.
- After restoring the print setups, save your script
- Modify the "PrintSetups" value list to include your new value list (by whatever name you gave it in the $printSetup logic).
US Letter Portrait
US Letter Landscape
US Executive Portrait
US Executive Landscape
The new print setup is now available for a new layout to use.
Page URL: http://docs.proofgroup.com/fmSpark/en/1.0/Developer/PrintSetups